This is important information on applying for financial aid for 2016-2017!
Students must reapply yearly for financial aid beginnging with the Summer semester. Here are some helpful tips.
- Gather your PIN number, 2015 tax returns, W-2 forms, other records of money earned, untaxed income, and bank statements. These will be needed before you begin the application process for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov to complete your 2016-2017 FAFSA.
- File your 2015 Federal Income Taxes as soon as possible.
- After filing your 2015 taxes, allow the IRS time to process your return (2-3 weeks for a returns filed electronically and 6-8 weeks for a mailed, paper return). This will allow you to use the IRS Data Retrieval option when completing your FAFSA
- Remember if possible ALWAYS use the IRS Data Retrieval option directly import your tax information to your application.